Personal Information Protection Policy
As a company providing communication services across every discipline, our mission is to serve as a bridge between our clients and consumers. With the rapid growth of information technology in recent years, we consider the protection of personal information to be a top priority in our business. All of our employees are fully aware of this fact and observe the following policy set forth by the company:
1. All personal information will be obtained, handled, and supplied to third parties through appropriate means and will not be used for purposes other than that within the scope of our business.
(a) Personal Information Entrusted by Our Client
All confidential and/or personal information will be handled according to rules regarding confidentiality and handling of personal information agreed upon with the client.
(b) Personal Information Entrusted to Third Parties
All confidential and/or personal information will be handled according to a contract or memorandum regarding confidentiality and handling of personal information that is drawn up in advance.
(c) Personal Information Directly Obtained by Our Company
All information will be obtained, handled, and supplied to third parties with prior agreement by the owner of the information as to the purpose for which the information will be used.
2. All reasonable technological and organizational measures will be taken to ensure the protection of personal information against illegal access, loss, destruction, falsification, and leakage. If the appropriate management of information is compromised in any way, required corrective or preventive measures will be taken with all due speed.
3. All laws, state-mandated guidelines, and regulations regarding the handling of personal information will be adhered to.
4. All employees, including board members, will be routinely educated on our personal information protection policy and management system to ensure their full understanding and proper application. Furthermore, regular efforts will be made to review and improve the management system.
5. Complaints and concerns regarding the handling of personal information will be attended to with sincerity and due attention.
- McCann Worldgroup Japan Holdings Inc.
Established: April 21, 2004
Updated: Octobet 1, 2014
|Our company has been awarded the PrivacyMark certification from the Japan Information Processing Development Corporation (JIPDEC) as a private enterprise implementing sufficient measures to properly protect personal information.|
Handling of Personal Information
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information in the following way:
1. To plan, execute, and administer promotional campaigns on behalf of our clients.
2. To plan, execute, and administer marketing research and/or surveys on behalf of our clients.
3. In relation to providing other services to our clients.
4. To plan, execute, and administer our own marketing research.
5. As part of our communication with clients or other business partners.
6. For hiring and employment purposes.
7. To manage current and former employees.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Personal information that we possess will not be supplied to third parties except when it applies to the following:
1. When there is consent by the owner of the information.
2. When it is required by law.
3. When it is deemed necessary to protect the life, health, property, or other vital interests of the public or the owner of the information.
4. When required to cooperate with state authorities.
Disclosure, revision and deletion of personal information
For personal information to which we have the right to disclose, amend, or delete, if such a request is made by the owner of the information, we will comply within a reasonable time and extent after verifying the identity of the individual making the request.
Please contact us to inquire about our handling of personal information or to make a request to disclose, amend, add, delete, discontinue the use of, or remove personal information, or to stop disclosure to third parties.
In accordance with Article 37 of the Personal Information Protection Act (Law No. 57, 2003), we are under the purview of the following personal information protection organization authorized by the governing cabinet minister. The organization hears complaints and concerns regarding the handling of personal information by private enterprises that fall under its authority.
Japan Information Processing Development Corporation (JIPDEC)
Where to Contact to Register a Complaint:
PrivacyMark Promotion Center,
Personal Data Protection Complaint Helpline