The final part of the truth stage is the creation of the brand brief.
The brief contains all aspects of “the truth,” including the naked truth, the goal, and the target, culminating in the transformational truth. We also include in the brief the “well told” elements of the brand story, as well as the behaviors we think the brand should to exhibit. The brief presents the truth as the inspiration for a story that can be well told.
- What marketing problem are we trying to solve?
- What change are we ultimately hoping to achieve through our activities? And how would we measure it?
- Who are we trying to move and what drives them? What is unusual about them?
- What should be the tone of voice? How should the brand behave in the world? Are there any existing paid, owned & earned assets that we can leverage?
- What is the truth that will be believed in by all constituencies, to inspire ideas that generate transformational experiences